Compost of Dreams

Monday, March 5, 2007

Compost of Dreams

FRONT COVER

This site is a revised and edited transcript of my book of 20 poems published in May 1993 at the Fusion Arts Colony, in Malmsbury, Victoria, (edited by Rod Boucher) ..

This time the original poems will be published alongside the footnotes that were orginally in the addenda pages. I hope to include the original illustrations.

The original book went with a recording of the 20 poems with original musical backgrounds. Maybe I can put up some podcasts in time.

Plus (maybe) some newer poems in the same vein.

BACK COVER

The blurb of the back cover of the original chapbook reads:

"EARTH IS HOLDING, HOLDING - And we all fall down."

"Drunk on Lyfe - A Remarkable Jubilation" - Judth Rodriguez

" Wayne's poems are so good that you forget they are poetry" - Gerry Holmes

" Here are twenty original Australian poems with musical soundscapes and images drawn by the author. in this tape and book set Wayne Knoll speaks with one foot in the country and one foot in the city, straddling contemporary issues and eternal truths, laughing for crying out loud, and with punch."


BIOGRAPHY

The original potted biography of the author read: " Wayne Knoll is the second of eight offsprings raised Christian on the income of the 23 acre family farm in the Dandenongs, where he counts six pioneer families among his ancestors.

He has worked as a fruitpicker, berrygrower, market gardender, lay preacher, marketing produce, been a new pioneer and parent of three children. He says of himself: " I farmed wanting to write, and then read myself into a wider world, studying natural history till it became a mystery, theology till it was a passion, and literature to lift myself from a Technical School shell- to hear the voice within me."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a 4th-to-6th generation Australian of Silesian (Prusso-Polish), Welsh, Schwabian-Württemberg German, yeoman English, Scots, & Cornish stock; all free settlers who emigrated between 1848-1893 as colonial pioneers. I am the 2nd of 7 brothers and a sister raised on the income off 23 acres. I therefore belong to an Australian Peasantry which historians claim doesn't exist. I began to have outbreaks of poetry in 1975 when training for a Diploma of Mission Theology in Melbourne. I've since done a BA in Literature and Professional Writing and Post-graduate Honours in Australian History. My poem chapbook 'Compost of Dreams' was published in 1994. I have built a house of trees and mud-bricks, worked forests, lived as a new-pioneer, fathered-n-raised two sons and a daughter, and am now a proud grandfather. I have worked as truck fresh-food farmer, a freelance foliage-provider, been a member of a travelling Christian Arts troupe, worked as duty officer and conflict resolutionist with homeless alcoholic men, been editor/publisher of a Journal of Literature for Christian Pilgrimage, a frontier researcher, done poetry in performance seminars in schools and public events.